Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Insert Devo joke here

I've been doing video game reviews for the paper where I work on and off for a few years now. And if there's one thing I've noticed about video game pr people, it's that they like to send a lot of useless (but usually fun) swag. In the past I've gotten bottles, foam fingers, action figures, a "limited edition print," bobbleheads, mini-radios and a plethora of T-shirts.

This one, however, not only takes the proverbial cake, it scarfs it down in one whole sitting:


No, you are not hallucinating. That is indeed a genuine, all-leather, grade-A whip, courtesy of the kind folks at Konami.

What game could the possibly be promoting? Why the upcoming Castlevania sequel, natch.


I don't even want to know where they ordered this thing from. Where do you go to purchase S&M toys in bulk?

On the one hand, this trinket did it's job. It certainly got my attention, as well as the attention of my co-workers. On the other hand, this thing is a bit of an annoyance. After the initial amusement fades, the question remains, what the hell am I going to do with this thing? Cause I sure ain't takin' it home to let the kids play with it.

I'm thinking the office Christmas raffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home