Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Some things I've been doing

So I finally got an Xbox 360 from Microsoft. I'd been waiting for weeks for them to send one for me for review, my hopes growing dimmer each day. It's only a loaner copy, but still, it's nice to have one in my sweaty hands, if only for a few weeks.

Only problem? They didn't send any games.

Apparently the pr firm handling the 360 ran out of games to send and is waiting for Microsoft to send more 1st party titles. I don't know when that will be, all they told me was "soon." In the meantime I can contact Activision and some other 3rd party folks, but damn, I really wanted to check out Kameo.

I've also been playing a bit of Mario Kart DS. Very nice game, especially once you take it online. I had a bit of trouble trying to get it to connect to my home network (I need to figure out what my WEP password is or some such nonsense) but I was able to get online via the local McDonalds with no problems. There's something a bit odd about wolfing down a Quarter Pounder racing against folks from around the globe in a tricked out virtual toadstool.

Needless to say, I lost just about every race. It's true, I suck.

A couple of folks have complained about people signing off when it's obvious they're going to lose and how there's no real text messaging option. I dunno, I kind of like the fact that I don't have to listen to or read smack from "flyguy97" because he hit me with a turtle shell. And as far as people logging out early goes, I confess, I'm guilty, but it was time for me to get back to work. No harm was meant.

Let's see, what else? Apparently the latest update (version 2.6) for the PSP is available for downloading. It allegedly features the ability to listen to podcasts, download video directly to your memory stick (heh, stick) and adds the Chinese language. Still no good game for it though. Except for Lumines I mean.

I realize the past few weeks this blog has been more "pixels and pixels" than "panels and pixels." Suffice it to say I haven't had a chance to do many comic reviews due to space and time, but I am starting to get caught up and hope to run more reviews this Sunday. In the meantime, I'll remedy the deficiency by posting some older reviews tomorrow and hopefully follow up with some thoughts on one of my new favorite series, Godland.

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home