Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Some E3 stuff


I'm not going to provide any in-depth coverage here. For that kind of thing, you can easily head over to GameSpot, 1Up or Kotaku.

No, instead I thought I'd take a quick look at some of the comic book-related games being featured at the expo. The most interesting news (to me at least) is that Telltale Games' upcoming Sam and Max game will be available on the GameTap network. Press release is here. For those of you not in the know, GameTap is a Turner-owned site, where PC users can download a variety of games, most of them moldy oldies like Pac-Man. The original Sam and Max game was much beloved by those who played it, so I expect a strong cult interest in this title.

In other news, there's the usual number of video game spin-offs of upcoming films, including but in no way limited to X3, Over the Hedge, Superman Returns, Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider, and The 300.

None of this is terribly surprising -- licensed games have been the bread and butter of the industry since the 2600. It does seem like there are more of these types of games than ever at this year's E3. I mean, they're even making a "Desperate Housewives" game for pity's sake.

But that's not all comics fans! There will also be two new Marvel games -- Marvel Ulitmate Alliance and a yet-to-be titled virtual trading card game -- and games based on Hellboy, 100 Bullets (rescued from oblivion!), The Darkness, and yet another Turok.

Let me know if I missed any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home