Sunday, June 11, 2006

MoCCA, MoCCA, MoCCA!

Despite Amtrak's best efforts, I managed to attend the MoCCA Festival in New York City this past Saturday. My official report/impressions can be found at The Comics Reporter, if not by the time I post this, then soon. Here then, are some pictures I took:

When I first got there, the line was nonexistent.
By 3 p.m. it snaked out of the building.


Surprisingly enough, no one seemed interested in this

Low Road blogger Ed Cunard hides behind some Fantagraphics books.
He's the shy, retiring type.


With a successful launch, First Second
editor Mark Siegel had plenty to smile about.

I interviewed Bryan Lee O'Malley for an
upcoming Graphic Lit column.
That's not me holding the microphone though.


Two incredibly talented cartoonists:
Mark Burrier and Zak Sally


Top Shelf sold their books from behind an actual bar.
I thought that was pretty cool.


Miriam Katin was one of the speakers at the festival.
Sadly, not nearly enough people treked upstairs
to hear her talk.


Dean Haspiel and Josh Neufeld: Together at last.

Chris Pitzer hawks his AdHouse books with flair

PictureBox had some lovely books

That's not my camera. It really got that dark at certain points of the day.


The one extremely depressing part for me was when I got home and realized that about 10 of the books that folks had kindly given me as review copies had mysteriously vanished from my bags. If you were at the show and saw a book or two lying on the floor enscribed to "Chris" please do drop me an email and let me know.

More pictures tomorrow, if I can find the time.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those who couldn't read the sign in the photo captioned "Surprisingly enough, no one seemed interested in this," those were comics from Frank Miller's personal collection being offered for sale at the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund's table. I think the books were also signed by him.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Chris Mautner said...

Yeah, I know, I take horrible pictures. My excuse is it was pretty dark in that area of the room.

Seriously, did these books sell. It didn't look like anyone was checking it out each time I passed by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home