Friday, November 03, 2006

Something to do this weekend

Back from New York, but too busy playing catch-up/tired to post about the trip right now. I'll post my impressions on the PS3 and some of the games I played later this weekend.

While I'm typing, I thought I'd draw your attention to an event of note. If you happen to be in the Lancaster area this weekend, you may want to consider stopping by Diplocon II, an anime/gaming convention that's being held this weekend at Franklin and Marshall College (my old alma mater). Highlights include Halo, DDR, Counter Strike and Guitar Hero competitions, board games like Settlers of Catlan, HeroClix and Magic the Gathering, and and lots and lots of anime showings (all the usual suspects). Guests include Webcomic artists Dr. McNinja and Michael Poe.

The fun starts today at 5 p.m. today and continues nonstop until 5 p.m. Sunday. You can see a full schedule of events here. If I get a chance to tear away from the household chores Saturday I'm goint to try to check it out. Hope to see you there.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I'm very eager to hear your impression of the PS3. I have a buddy that's dying to get one. I'm on the fence. I think the price is outrageous, and I don't think it's much better graphically than the Xbox 360, and I don't have much use for a Blu-Ray player yet.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Chris Mautner said...

Would your friend be willing to talk to me about the PS3? I've been trying to find local folks interested in the console for a story I'm working on, but haven't had much luck yet.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I'll call him and ask. Email me at steve@megosteve.com and I'll give you his contact info if he says it's okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home