Thursday, February 02, 2006

Major signage


For those of you who live in or near the Central Pa area, I should alert you to yet another noteworthy comic event. RIOT! Comics + Culture will be hosting a signing featuring "Street Angel" artist/co-creator Jim Rugg and "Godland" artist Tom Scioli this Saturday from 2-5 p.m. Also at the event will be mini-comics creator Paulette Poullet. Both "Angel" and "Godland" are delightful pop culture pastiches well worth you're reading time, so if you haven't checked out these books yet and will be in the Camp Hill vicinity, this is a great chance to get acquainted with them as well as meet some pretty interesting people.

I wrote a brief preview about the event for the paper that you can read here. My thanks to Jim Rugg who took time out to talk to me about his work and life history. He gave me a ton of great quotes which I didn't have the space to run, unfortunately. Perhaps if time permits later this week (and with Jim's permission) I'll run the full interview here as a Q&A. No promises though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home