Thursday, February 22, 2007

If you happen to be in Central Pa next week ...

There's a couple of comic-related events taking place in my stomping grounds that are worth noting.

On Monday, Simcha Weinstein, author of “Up Up and Oy Vey: How Jewish History Culture and Values Shaped the Comicbook Superhero,” will discuss his book at 7 p.m. at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster. For more information, call 291-3837.

Than, at the same college on Wednesday, Alison Bechdel, author of graphic novel “Fun Home” and comic strip “Dykes to Watch Out For,” will give a lecture at 8 p.m., in the college's Stahr Auditorium. The talk is free, but tickets are required. Contact, Tineka Lebrun at 291-4244. I'm pretty sure I'm going to this one by the way.

Then there's this little event taking place on Saturday, March 3. Kids Love Comics Day will feature a bunch of small press cartoonists giving workshops for grade schoolers on how to make your own comics. The whole thing is being organized by Amelia Rules! creator Jimmy Gownley. I talked to him yesterday about the event for my next column, and it promises to be an interesting show. You can read the full information on the event here.

I'll also be attending the New York Comic Con this Friday and Saturday in the Big Apple. I'll have my little press name tag on so be sure and say hi if you're going.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home